- Wayne is a graduate of Wheaton College (BA); the Philadelphia Seminary (MDiv, Greek); the Westminster Theological Seminary (D.Min – Research project on marriage and family counseling).
- He has also been involved extensive graduate studies in various subjects at several graduate schools (psychology at LaSalle University; counseling, theology and church history at Eastern Baptist Seminar; theology and Bible subjects at Wheaton graduate school and Trinity Evangelical Seminary).
- Wayne has been married to his wife, Carol, since 1957. They have four adult children, three daughters-in-law and 13 grandchildren.
- From 1958 to 1976 Wayne served as a pastor in local churches. From 1976 to the present he has taught college and graduate school courses in biblical counseling at The Master’s College and Seminary; Westminster Theological Seminary, Biblical Seminary and the Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation.
- During this time, Wayne has conducted seminars and conferences all over our country and around the world. He has also functioned as the Director of a Counseling Center and Training School and done extensive counseling.
- For most of this period of time (1976 to the present) Wayne has been an elder in a church, formerly in Grace Community Church where he also served as a pastor of one of the fellowship groups, and more recently in Grace Fellowship Church of the Lehigh Valley in PA where his son Joshua was pastor. In January 2006 he and Carol moved to Pretoria, South Africa, where he resides nine months out of the year, so that Wayne could teach biblical counseling to pastors and aspiring pastors in the region. In Pretoria, Wayne served as an elder of Grace Fellowship, pastored by Joel James. Carol regularly teaches women’s bible studies in South Africa and is very involved in the counseling ministry along with Wayne. They are currently serving at Lynnwood Baptist Church in Pretoria. In June 2007, the Macks were joined at GFC-Pretoria by their son Joshua, who pastors Living Hope Sunnyside and as executive director of 1Hope International mercy ministries. In the three months of the year that Wayne teaches in the USA, he and Carol are based out of the Bible Church of Little Rock, Arkansas.
- In 1992 Wayne planned and supervised the development of the Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling program at The Master’s College in Santa Clarita, California.
- Wayne is a charter member of the National Association of Nouthetic Counselors (NANC – founded in the early part of the 1970s). For much of this time, he has served as an executive board member and in 2006 was inducted as a Member of the Academy. Wayne speaks regularly at NANC’s annual national conference.
- Wayne previously served on the board of FIRE (Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals) and is on the Board of Directors of Publicaciones Faro de Gracia.
- Through Strengthening Ministries International, he seeks to strengthen churches and Christians by developing and distributing biblically based practical books, audio and video tapes on counseling, theological and Christian living subjects.
- Wayne has written many magazine articles that have been published in Reformation Today, The Journal of Pastoral Counseling, The Journal of Biblical Counseling and The Master’s Journal.
- He has written more than 20 books including Strengthening Your Marriage; Your Family God’s Way; Preparing for Marriage God’s Way; Sweethearts for A Lifetime; Homework Manual for Biblical Living, Volumes 1 and 2 and 3; Life in the Father’s House; Counseling: How To Counsel Biblically (with John MacArthur); Twin Pillars of the Christian Life; God’s Solutions to Life’s Problems; The Fear Factor; Down But Not Out; Out of the Blues; Anger & Stress Management God’s Way; True Success and How to Attain It; To Be or Not To Be a Church Member: That is the Question; Humility: A Forgotten Virtue; A Fight to the Death; Reaching the Ear of God; It’s Not Fair: Finding Hope When Times Are Tough; A Fight To The Death; In-Laws: Married With Parents; and Maximum Impact: Living and Loving For God’s Glory. Wayne has also contributed chapters to the book The Sufficiency of Scripture and several other books.
- Wayne has produced numerous audio and video recordings on various subjects. Included among the audio and video discs on various subjects are many entire counseling courses and Christian living courses. All of these are available and are distributed by Nouthetic Media, Box 515, Mount Juliet, TN 37122-0515, toll-free in the USA at 888-751-5141.
- Presently, Wayne devotes some of his time to writing additional materialfor strengthening and equipping the church for the work of ministry and for building up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12).
About Mrs. Carol Mack
- Mrs. Carol Mack has spoken and participated in many marriage and family seminars and retreats for women. She has addressed such topics as “Taming the Tongue,” “How to handle Stress before it handles you,” “How to be a Fulfilled and Fulfilling Wife, “Mothering God’s Way,” ” “How to be content”, “The Disciplines of a Godly Woman”, “Developing an Attitude of Gratitude” and many other topics.
- Mrs. Mack has served as a pastor’s wife for many years and has been a spiritual mentor for many younger ladies whose husbands were in seminary or in the pastorate. She regularly teaches women’s bible studies in South Africa and is very involved in the counseling ministry along with Wayne.
- She is a graduate of Wheaton College, and since graduating from college, has taken numerous courses on educational subjects and on Biblical Counseling.
- Prior to and after the child bearing and rearing family life period, she served for many years as a teacher, mainly in Christian schools. Her ministry of counseling women and children has been greatly blessed of the Lord, with many women seeking her out for direction and assistance on many problematic issues.
- While her husband was teaching at The Master’s College she met weekly with the wives of seminary students to disciple and counsel them. As mentioned previously, Dr. and Mrs. Mack were married in 1957 and have four children and many grandchildren.